Rudy will finish what Congress started by building the fence. He hopes to deploying 20,000 Border Patrol agents. Rudy will implement BorderStat to bring accountability to measuring the progress in securing our borders. BorderStat is modeled after the Mayor's New York City program CompStat. (I have heard of many city’s utilizing such programs to get a grip on spending and particularly crime. I’m aware of O’Malley using a similar program for Baltimore and is implementing the program statewide now that he is the governor. I mention this because I am aware of the benefits programs have on a local level for a particular area but I’m not sure how this will work for an issue of this magnitude.)
So the biggest issue that has people marching and hiding outing in churches is related to how illegal aliens will be identified. Also, at this point we have aliens who have children that are citizens so how will the new president deal with this? Keep reading to see how old Rudy will address such pressing isssues!
IDENTIFY ALL NON-CITIZENS ENTERING AND EXITING AMERICA
Issue A Single, Tamper-Proof Biometric ID Card: This is a Secure Authorized Foreign Entry Card (SAFE Card) to be uniform for all non-citizen workers and students, utilizing tamper-proof and biometric features for secure identification.
Create A Single National Database Of Foreigners: Basically speaks for itself. There will be a national database of non-citizens in our country. Rudy will propose consolidating all existing databases into one so a foreigner's legal status can be quickly checked. (This of course would have to rely on all non-citizens registering their information to be put into the database.)
Identify Those Who Have Left The Country With Biometric Check-out System: Forty-five percent of illegal immigrants in America came into our country legally but overstayed their visas. Rudy believes we need a biometric check-out system so we know who has left America and can focus enforcement on those who remain.
DEPORT CRIMINAL ALIENS
Deport All Illegal Aliens Who Commit A Felony: America currently only deports 14% of the roughly 300,000 foreigners who commit crimes in our country. Rudy will commit to deporting all foreign individuals who have abused their privilege of staying in the United States. (The cost for such an operation would be costly. We can barely round up the citizens with outstanding warrants so I can only imagine how thorough an agency would do in rounding up all the illegal aliens that commit a crime. Once again a great idea in theory that would more than likely be aborted due to the costs.)
AMERICANIZE IMMIGRANTS
Require All Immigrants to Truly Read, Write & Speak English: Rudy will propose that all immigrants who want to become citizens must truly read, write, and speak English and learn American civics. (I for one think this is a great idea. We need a common language in this country. Its not to say other languages cannot be spoken or have material translated but English should be the national language. Other candidates have tapped dance around this issue. What’s your take?)
Overall Rudy provides some feel good solutions. However, I could not find any costs associated with these ideas. As a budget analyst, things always come down to dollars for me. I don’t think people truly understand how much it would take to make a lot of these candidates’ ideas to fruition.
1 comment:
After reading this, I am assuming that Rudy is in favor of fully pulling out of Iraq, because that's the only way this Immigration prevention plan could possibly be funded. And I am a firm believer that if you are in this country, you should be FLUENT in English. That's not to say you can't speak you native language at your leisure, but a command of the English language should be a priority.
Post a Comment