When I started this blog last year, I knew it was going to be the longest presidential campaign in history. I watched all the debates in the beginning and that’s a chore when there are 100 candidates running between both parties! I was too outdone by the political strategists and reporters that gave their unwarranted opinions about where the candidates stood with Americans. I was also tired of the millions of polls conducted by newspapers and the media. I always wondered who the hell are they polling? The sample appeared to be too homogeneous as did the results!
Fast forward to the present and everyone was off the mark. I always knew this would be a fight until the end. We still have a long way to go but the media wants to feel like they have the last say on who’s elected. The spin doctors will describe something that didn’t even happen. This is why I blog and research for myself and encourage others to do the same. Don’t just take things for face value from CNN, Fox, MSN and so on. Chris Matthews in my opinion is the biggest fraud. I have watched debates and read things about a candidate but when he reports it’s totally different from what I saw or read. So please take the information from reporters and all these polls with a grain of salt.
This brings me to my next issue, which bears the question “why do we vote?” I think once information is gathered about a candidate you should see how their vision relates to your stance on issues and make a sound decision. I really have issues with those that will vote for a party on superficial reasons. I do think it’s great that history could be made if either Obama or Clinton is elected but that should not be the main reason to vote. Also, I think it’s ignorant for others to assume because you are black you have to vote for Obama, if you are a female then you vote for Clinton. I have a diverse group of friends and when it comes to the issues they are concerned with it is reflected in how they vote. My bff and I voted for different people in the last election. Although, I didn’t agree with her choice, I respected her decision and reasoning. Voting is a right! Don’t let someone dictate to you how you should or shouldn’t vote!
So where does this leave us. I think we have definitely determined who the three frontrunners are for the Democrats. Obama needs to do more than deliver great motivational speeches. I would love for him to discuss his stance on some key issues. I know what they are but I don’t think people really do. They are just in love with the movement of change and this can be detrimental to his campaign. It only takes one speech where he’soff and he will be out like Howard Dean. As for Clinton she pulled the woman card by crying foul to the media and by breaking down in front of cameras no doubt. This was definitely a good look for the ice princess. She made herself appear to be human. Gosh, what can I say about Edwards?! He’s like the classic middle child. Always, doing what it takes to get some attention and it’s not working out to good for him. I think the chummy stance he’s recently taken with Obama makes him look even more desperate.
As for the Republicans, I think the field is still open. I think McCain’s victory will be short lived but I’m still uncertain about Romney. He has the look but his dirty tactics with the campaign ad might not resonate too well with voters after a while. Huckabee is my main man. I think he still might have a little more in him. He definitely will take the conservative south if his money and financial supporters hang around long enough. You all know and a Law & Order junky I’m sorely disappointed with Thompson. There really isn’t anything to say. I give him one more stop before he drops out. Giuliani is one delusional guy and thinks if he can hold off until the end he will take it all. Hmm this guy…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You hit it right on the head with Giuliani. He's awfully arrogant to think he can coast through the early primaries, and then hope he can rise during Super Tuesday. It will be too late by then. And i'm very interested to see how Obama recovers from this "loss".
Post a Comment